Monday, May 10, 2010

Lord of the Rings- The Fellowship of the Ring (part 1)

Author's note: This is my free read book that I'm currently reading. This is a short response to my book. I'm not very far into the book so this is what I can write about. This is in the eyes of Bilbo the hobbit finding the ring.

There!In the dirt something sparkled. While my boss isn't looking I walk over there casually and pick it up. It's a ring, it's a beautiful golden ring. I can feel it's power surging into me, calling to me. I look at it once more before slpping it into my pocket. Then I turn and run to my house. At my house I take the ring out of my pocket and examine it once more. Every once and awhile my hand reaches into my pocket to touch the ring and make sure it's there.

20 years later---

I have decided to leave the Shire,where I live,and go to the mountians to live in peace and quiet for the rest of my life. My 111th birthday party is tonight and I shall announce that I'm leaving there.

"Hobbits of all ages,sizes, and colors I have a special announcment to make." I began look out to the crowd of my many loved ones. "I have decided that my time is done-"I was interupted by mummers and whispers from the crowd. "I wish I could have spent more time with all of you but it is my time to leave. So now I will go and most likely never return. Good-bye my friends." and at that I slipped the ring on my finger and vanished. I never returned to the Shire and was never seen again.

4 comments:

  1. Could you speak to how the text is written, the style of the author, and what the experience is like reading his writing? I think that would be a helpful addition.
    Deciding to do a fiction response to a story most people have already seen in movie form, is a less effective way to respond. Why did you choose this form?
    I think of all the ways you have available to you, this was probably the last you should have selected to showcase your skill as a writer, and reader. You want to bring something new to the text, to the experience, to llustrate your personal experience with the reading. Try choosing a form that does that for you next time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That was really good piece, I enjoyed reading it. The only thing I would suggest is giving the read more information, because I had no clue what was going on.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree, it was really good, I would definitley add more. Maybe something abuot Frodo or Gandolph, because they play a big part in it. Have you seen the movie?

    ReplyDelete
  4. That was really good! I read the first Lord of the Rings and half of the second one, that piece almost makes me want to pick up reading the 2nd book. Nice Job, you should expand that more as you get farther in the book. Also you wrote that scene really well, I especially like the beginning. Did you know there is a book called the Hobbit thats about Bilbo finding the ring?

    ReplyDelete