Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Cedar Point

Author's Note: I was in Ohio and missed 2 and 1/2 days of school. I went to Ohio for my cousin's wedding. Before the wedding we stayed at my mom's parents house and went to Cedar Point which is about 10 minutes away. Cedar Point is a roller coaster park. It's the roller coaster capital of the world! This is about a ride I went on called the Maveric. It's a fairly new ride and this is the first time I've done it.

I walk towards the enterance of the ride with my mom looking up at the big red metal tracks above us. When we are in line I look to see how many people are ahead of us. "It looks like will be here awhile" I say to my mom.
"How about we time us and see how long we wait in line," my mom suggests.
"Ok," I reply. I start the timer on my watch and the train above us whizzes by in less than a second. The line moves a bit. "Are you sure you want to do this? This ride is intense and has some corkscrew loops." My mom says to me.
"Yes mom I'm sure." I reply looking up at the riders screaming by. The line moves some more. Almost there, I think.
"Now you are sure that you want to do this?" my mom asks me.
I roll my eyes, " Yes mom I'm postitive."
Finally we reach the train and get into our seats pull the straps downand get ready to go on the rde.
"Are you nervous?" my mom questions me.
"No." I reply.
Soon the employee comes around to make sure our buckles and strapes are secure.
"Clear!" we hear him say. Then we are blasted from the platform up a hill then down it, through loops and turns, tunnels and more loops. In a few seconds we slow down, the platform in sight.
"Weel?" my mom asks.
"I loved it!" is my reply.

Author's End Note: This was my favorite ride at Cedar Point. You can see a clip of it on youtube and if any of you are roller coaster lovers you should defiantly go to Cedar Point.

4 comments:

  1. I have gone to Cedar Point twice, but I haven't ever been able to enjoy the roller coasters there; the first time I went there was for a wedding when I was a newborn, and then the second time I was only like five years old. This piece was really good. Maybe at the paragraph where you said how the train went through a lot of loops and turns and such as, you could add some more description to give the reader a full effect of how you felt while riding on that roller coaster. Great job Hannah

    ReplyDelete
  2. WoW! That's exciting! I saw it on youtube and it's really cool! I prob. wouldn't go on it though....

    ReplyDelete
  3. The high-quality and types turned discuss o the town.
    Underwear, socks, tights and prolonged underwear will need to be ordered.
    Right now, hats are no for a longer time a necessity to be worn with all outfits.
    Women have been a lot more probable to incorporate
    sashes or belts.

    Here is my webpage - cheap snapbacks hats

    ReplyDelete
  4. From their look at, Amazon is just not the primary difficulty.
    Gentleman can not live on bread by itself, nor can he reside with only 1
    design and style of hat. Folks acquire advertising clothing to give to clientele and shoppers.
    Providers usually host "demonstrates" to present off their
    new merchandise.

    My weblog :: http://www.conductasadictivas.org/

    ReplyDelete